10 Chambers is a fully-funded scale-up game studio backed by Tencent and based in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden. We are an ambitious, creative, and collaborative team with a lifelong love for games. We are currently working on GTFO, a co-op FPS game and are also about to start working on the next project.
10 Chambers is now looking for a Character Technical Artist to join our growing Art and Animation-team. In the role as Character Technical Artist, you will help make sure Animators and Artists have the tools needed as well as making it possible for the tools to integrate smoothly into our pipeline.
You will be part of creating technical solutions, rigging, tools development, in-engine implementations, performance, and general problem-solving. As a Character Technical Artist at 10 Chambers, we, therefore, believe you have a proven understanding of animation and character setup in relation to game development. You have a strong understanding of the workflows and pipelines for implementing performant character and asset rigs.
You are interested in innovative approaches and open to exploring ideas and workflows.
We expect you to have some experience working in a similar role before and you will work between disciplines, close to the character team, technical artists and animation team.
More specifically you will:
- Form an understanding of all required features and functions for our character and animation requirements.
- Develop, test and maintain extensive character and asset rigs across a wide range of styles.
- Work with others to make sure the characters and animations correspond with technical, aesthetic and gameplay limits.
- Research, as well as share knowledge, of existing and new technologies and animation packages in our industry.
- Write scripts and develop tools for the artists/animators.
- 3 + years working as a technical animator preferably targeted towards game.
- Knowledge of real time character rigging processes and pipelines and understanding of animation principles.
- Experience working in a structured way and knowing how to prioritize.
- Very strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Sense of initiative, originality and resourcefulness in problem-solving.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (Swedish is not a requirement).
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements.
- Unity Experience.
- Experience working with Motionbuilder.
Why join 10 chambers?
- Be part of an ambitious team which also practices work life balance through working hours and generous health benefits
- Learn as part of a collaborative team and grow with a fast-expanding company
- Opportunity to make a real difference to the success of 10 Chambers
- The position is on-site in our Stockholm office, we are happy to assist with relocation from abroad/work permit
We want an open and inclusive work environment where everybody is valued, feels safe, is treated equally and with respect. At 10 Chambers we welcome everyone regardless of gender, transgender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Today our team consists of 20 different nationalities and the office language is English.