10 Chambers is a fully funded scale-up game studio backed by Tencent and based in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden. We are an ambitious, creative, and collaborative team with a lifelong love for games.
We are continuing the development of our first game GTFO and are also working on our next project, a cooperative heist FPS in a techno-thriller setting. Originated and directed by Ulf Andersson, the game designer of Payday 1 & 2.
We are now looking for a Senior Visual Effects Artist with previous experience from creating, implementing and optimizing VFX for games. You will work in close collaboration with Environment Artists, Gameplay Designers, Programmers, and other disciplines in order to create visually stunning and optimized VFX.
Our VFX team is primarily using Houdini and leveraging the power of Unitys Shader Graph and VFX Graph to implement impressive effects.
Example of responsibilities
- Create optimized visual effects for real-time rendering
- Shader and rendering design
- Conceptualize and create industry-leading FX for our games
- Experience working with VFX, most of them in the gaming industry (rather than film)
- Experience creating effects such as weather, smoke, fire, explosions and a thorough understanding of simulation techniques
- Experience in creating materials, lighting and shaders for visual effects
- Experience in creating, implementing, and optimizing VFX for games
- Software: Unity 3D; Shuriken, Shader graph and VFX Graph knowledge
- Self-motivator, collaborative, and passionate about your work
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent command of English (Swedish is not a requirement)
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements.
- Experience creating and editing HLSL shaders
- Familiar working with Embergen and Houdini
Why join 10 chambers?
- Be part of an ambitious team which also practices work life balance through working hours and generous health benefits
- Learn as part of a collaborative team and grow with a fast-expanding company
- Opportunity to make a real difference to the success of 10 Chambers
- The position is on-site in our Stockholm office, we are happy to assist with relocation from abroad/work permit
We want an open and inclusive work environment where everybody is valued, feels safe, is treated equally and with respect. At 10 Chambers we welcome everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Today our team consists of 20+ different nationalities and the office language is English.