10 Chambers is a fully funded scale-up game studio backed by Tencent and based in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden. We are an ambitious, creative, and collaborative team with a lifelong love for games.
We are continuing the development of our first game GTFO and are also working on our next project, a cooperative heist FPS in a techno-thriller setting. Originated and directed by Ulf Andersson, the game designer of Payday 1 & 2.
10 Chambers is now looking for a Technical Animator to join our growing Animation-team. In the role as Technical Animator, you will help make sure Animators and Artists have the tools needed as well as making it possible for the tools to integrate smoothly into our pipeline.
You will be part of creating technical solutions, rigging, tools development, in-engine implementations, performance, and general problem-solving. As a Technical Animator at 10 Chambers, we, therefore, believe you have a proven understanding of animation and character setup in relation to game development. You have a strong understanding of the workflows and pipelines for implementing game animations.
You are interested in innovative approaches and open to exploring ideas and workflows.
We expect you to have some experience working in a similar role before, preferably within the gaming industry. You will work close with the Animator team as well as the rest of the art-team.
More specifically you will:
- Form an understanding of all required features and functions of the animation system
- Develop, test and maintain complex animation systems together with animators as well at other departments.
- Work with others to make sure the animations correspond with technical, aesthetic and gameplay limits.
- Research, as well as share knowledge, of existing technics and animation packages in our industry.
- Write scripts and develop tools for the artists/animators.
- 3 + years working as a technical animator preferably targeted towards game
- Strong character rigging skills and understanding of animation principles
- Experience working with Motionbuilder.
- Experience working in a structured way and knowing how to prioritize.
- Very strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Sense of initiative, originality and resourcefulness in problem-solving.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (Swedish is not a requirement)
Why join 10 chambers?
- Be part of an ambitious team which also practices work life balance through working hours and generous health benefits
- Learn as part of a collaborative team and grow with a fast-expanding company
- Opportunity to make a real difference to the success of 10 Chambers
- The position is on-site in our Stockholm office, we are happy to assist with relocation from abroad/work permit
We want an open and inclusive work environment where everybody is valued, feels safe, is treated equally and with respect. At 10 Chambers we welcome everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Today our team consists of 20+ different nationalities and the office language is English.