10 Chambers is a fully funded scale-up game studio backed by Tencent and based in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden. We are an ambitious, creative, and collaborative team with a lifelong love for games.
We are continuing the development of our first game GTFO and are also working on our next project, a cooperative heist FPS in a techno-thriller setting. Originated and directed by Ulf Andersson, the game designer of Payday 1 & 2.
We are looking for a Lead Narrative Designer to join our team full-time, on-site.
You will collaborate with our Narrative Director, our Writer and our Junior Narrative Designer to ensure top-tier quality in all narrative aspects of our productions, both in-game and marketing. You will also work with other departments to champion and inject Narrative into every facet of our games..
You will work to uphold the narrative vision as well as plan, organize and help execute the implementation of Narrative elements. Responsibilities also include reviewing contributions made by both internal and external team members.
We're currently working on an incredibly exciting co-op FPS techno-thriller heist game, with ambitious goals for all components, including narrative. You will be a crucial part of our lean and powerful Narrative team.
- Managing and mentoring our inhouse and external narrative team
- Collaborate with our production team to plan, schedule and organize everything narrative related
- Ensure narrative goals are achieved and resolve asset-related issues through proactive follow-up and assistance
- Reviewing all narrative elements, ensuring they are fit for purpose, and provide feedback in a timely fashion
- Knowing, overseeing and advocating the narrative aspect of the game vision with all other departments
- Develop templates and modules for narrative content, that align with our game systems
- Writing and delegating the writing of internal documentation
- 5+ years of experience in Narrative Design, with 2+ years as a manager/lead
- Passionate about narrative and storytelling
- Experience with narrative design on at least two commercial game projects
- Self-motivated, self-managing and ability to take initiative
- Strong leadership qualities
- Live in, or be willing to relocate to, Stockholm
- Excellent grasp of the English language, written and spoken
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements.
- Skilled in writing dialog
- Skilled in writing marketing copy
- Skilled in writing technical documentation
- Native English speaker
- Experience developing games in Unity
- Sci-fi fan
Why join 10 chambers?
- Be part of an ambitious team which also practices work life balance through working hours and generous health benefits
- Learn as part of a collaborative team and grow with a fast-expanding company
- Opportunity to make a real difference to the success of 10 Chambers
- The position is on-site in our Stockholm office, we are happy to assist with relocation from abroad/work permit
We want an open and inclusive work environment where everybody is valued, feels safe, is treated equally and with respect. At 10 Chambers we welcome everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Today our team consists of 20+ different nationalities and the office language is English.