10 Chambers is a fully funded scale-up game studio backed by Tencent and based in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden. We are an ambitious, creative, and collaborative team with a lifelong love for games.
We are now working on our next project, a cooperative heist FPS in a techno-thriller setting - Den of Wolves. Originated and directed by Ulf Andersson, the game designer of Payday 1 & 2.
We are now looking for a Senior Outsourcing artist to join our team.
What you’ll do
- Work within the Outsourcing Team together with Art Leads and Director level to establish visual direction for our outsourcing vendors.
- Primarily you will be working with Environment Art.
- Monitor external vendor submissions to ensure that quality is both consistent and high as well as adhere to technical specifications and art direction guidelines.
- Communicate feedback to the outsource partner, and ensure those creative notes and goals are relayed by internal artists, level designers, game designers, and production to understand the needs and goals of 3d assets being created
- Use commercial and proprietary software to review incoming Art assets at various stages of production.
- Collect or generate detailed documentation, Art briefs, references, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Train outsource partner artists in 10Chambers specific techniques/Toolsets and best practices.
- 6+ professional years working in the games industry with Environmental asset creation.
- Solid understanding of Art creation process and pipeline in relation to game development.
- Experience shipping high-quality game-ready assets for production.
- Strong understanding and experience of the latest toolsets in game art creation, including (but not limited to) Substance Painter and 3D modeling packages (A plus if experienced with Blender)
- Excellent communication and Documentation skills
- Solid organizational skills, Self Driven, and a great team player.
- Good understanding of Art fundamentals, color theory, and anatomy
- Excellent English, both written and verbal (Swedish is not a requirement)
- Shipped an AAA game.
- Previous experience working as an Outsourcing artist
- Experience with Character art and VFX
- Understanding of Zbrush, Perforce, Blender
- Unity experience
Why join 10 chambers?
Be part of an ambitious team which also practices work-life balance through working hours and generous health benefits
Learn as part of a collaborative team and grow with a fast-expanding company
Opportunity to make a real difference to the success of 10 Chambers
The position is on-site in our Stockholm office, we are happy to assist with relocation from abroad/work permit
We want an open and inclusive work environment where everybody is valued, feels safe, is treated equally and with respect. At 10 Chambers we welcome everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Today our team consists of 20+ different nationalities and the office language is English.